Sunday, October 09, 2005

From 0 To Fucking Crazy in 13 Hours

On Wednesday, I'm going to try something different. I shall endeavor to watch the entire run of Firefly in preparation for seeing Serenity, all in one sitting. I've done this sort of thing before, with the first season of Buffy and all the Friday the 13th movies on one day before Jason Vs. Freddy came out, all in the company of a group of friends, which explains why I'll be doing it alone this time. The solitude should cause me to go crazy considerably faster than usual, which will be fun, since I'll be writing about it live, with posts coming after, and possibly during, every episode. I'm looking forward to it. You shouldn't.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam Kahn said...

Sounds like quite the event. I might go see Serenity on Friday, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to watch the Firefly series before then.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Rin's brother Robert said...

Right, I've got Wednesday free. Can we do this together over the Internet?

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Rin's brother Robert said...

Firefly is set five hundred years from today in a new planetary system after humanity abandons "Earth That Was". Under the leadership of Malcolm Reynolds, a renegade who fought against the new unified central government (the "Alliance"), the crew of the Firefly-class vessel Serenity struggles to survive any way they can. They fly between the border planets to keep away from the Alliance and below its radar. This series was described as a "science fiction western" but is different from other space-based shows as it features no aliens.



Holy fucking SHIT it looks bad. I can't wait.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ash Karreau said...

Trust me, it won't be fun. It'll be amusing for about three episodes, then I'll start getting a headache and just start being grumpy, then finally I'll just start typing in a long string of uninventive profanities.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home