Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Good Night, And Dark Cthonic Deities Bless.


Well, that’s it for me. I’m off to New York to enjoy the sights and sounds of the NYC Horror Film Festival, as well as the smell of my cheap lodgings. I’d like to say that I’ll be back and writing again next Monday, but sadly, I’ll be staying in Harlem. For most people, this wouldn’t be a problem, but many of you who know me personally know that as occasionally objectionable and intolerant as my writing is, in person I’m considerably worse. Plus, my rather severe travel anxiety is leading to its familiar cramps and depression, which makes me significantly less pleasant than usual, so I’m probably going to get shot in the neck before I’m there ten minutes. If I make it back alive, you’ll hear all about my adventures at the Festival. If I don’t, remember me as a hero and a patriot, despite never having done anything other than hurl racial slurs from behind the anonymity of the internet and a pseudonym, and occasionally poking fun at overweight actresses. While I’m gone, feel free to peruse the alphabetical archives, or check out some of the fine sites on my link list. Or, you could go to the movies for yourself, for once. Maybe you could check out the New York City Horror Festival, or, say the Alameda Film festival on the 31th, the Quintus festival on the 21th, Spasm on the 28th, or The New England Shrieks Horror Film Fest on the 22dn, just to pick a bunch of October dates and festivals completely at random and with no agenda. See you.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Je Suis said...

Fare thee well, Ash.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Have fun my man.
Dont insult anyone I wouldn't.
New York Bastards.

OH.....and get some if you can.
And by "Get some" you KNOW I mean......a Famous Nathans Hot Dog.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Sam Kahn said...

Enjoy the trip. See some bad movies (or good ones, if you're lucky).

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Rin said...

Can you start using 'See you!' more? It's my favourite catchphrase. I got it from Toshihiro Nagoshi. Have fun. I bet I'd hate it.

See you!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Jordan said...

Now I'm no professional Inductor, but am I to believe that YOU have movies in all of these festivals? If so, congratulations.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Ash Karreau said...

Jordan, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you are the world's greatest detective.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home