Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Armchair Comedy.

Kicking and Screaming
2005, USA
Jesse Dylan
DVD

INT. SPACIOUS MALIBU HOUSE - EVENING.

Will Ferrell comes home after a long day of not being funny. His wife is stretching after a Pilates work out.

WILL
Honey? Do you think it will be funny if I make a movie where I'm the coach of a peewee soccer team full of retards and kids with sclerosis?

WIFE
No.

WILL
Do you think Universal will give me 20 million dollars to make it anyway?

There is a long pause as Will's wife wonders if half that money is worth sitting through the premiere.

WILL
Or maybe we could do one where I'm like a championship bar-b-q chef or the world's oldest synchronized swimmer? And the world's oldest synchronized swimmer?

WIFE
Kill me.

FADE TO BLACK.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Je Suis said...

Brilliant. Best review yet.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Sam Kahn said...

I have to admit, I laughed a lot the first time I saw Anchorman. It doesn't really work on a second viewing, though.

Excellent scene you wrote there.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Rin said...

I've never laughed at any of these cunts. They're all really unfunny. All of them. Owen Whatsisface and Ben Thingy. That lot. All cunts.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Ash Karreau said...

Anchorman is a fine film to put on in the background while you're doing something unimportant, like the crossword.

Sam - Thanks. You should see the scenes I write when I'm not really tired and trying to cop out of a full-length film review.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous the ludicrous pretentious highbrow eletist snob said...

will ferrell is the most embarressingly unfunny fart in the history of embarressingly unfunny farts.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home