Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Video Roundup.


Corpse Bride came out on video today. You should rent it. Unless you feel like killing your girlfriend, because this movie shows just how much fun a singing, dancing dead body can be, especially if you have a snappy maggot sidekick. Trust me, however, dead women get a lot less fun after the first week, especially if you live in a temperate to tropical climate zone.

Also, the Oscar nominations were announced this morning. Perhaps I’ll write more about it later, but for now I’ll just pithily remark that I already saw the Golden Globes this year, and unlike the endless reruns of the MTV Movie Awards that fill up programming blocks for much of the summer months, I don’t need to watch them again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Kahn said...

My greatest disappointment is that History of Violence didn't get more nominations. Bleh.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ash Karreau said...

Yeah, I disagreed wholeheartedly with that omission. Also Rub My Muff #3 was shut out.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home